If you have pre-existing audio (like a podcast, interview, or voice memo) or if you prefer to pre-record and edit your audio with advanced software, you can upload audio to your podcast instead of recording it directly in Anchor.
**Please note: files with a video component will not be able to upload. If your file is recorded through Skype or another video recording platform you will need to extract the audio and upload the extracted audio file. Find out how to extract your audio here.
- From the home screen (create screen), tap the '+' sign to access your creation tools, then tap the 'Library' tool
- Tap the 'Import' button at the top right of the screen
- Either search or browse for the audio file you're looking to import
- Select the file you're looking to import and the import process will start
You can also share audio files to Anchor from any app on your phone. Directions can vary for each app.
- Login to your Anchor account and click New Episode on the right-hand side of your screen
- Locate your episode builder on the right hand side under 'Save Episode'
- Either drag and drop your file into the episode builder, or click on 'Click to Upload or Drop Audio here' to browse for your audio file
- This will add your audio file to your episode, where you can add other audio segments and create your episode
- If you upload an mp3 or m4a on the web version of Anchor, and that file is the only segment in an episode, that exact same file will be passed raw to your RSS feed.
Supported file types
Currently, our web uploading is limited to a maximum file size of 250 MB. If you have a file that's larger than 250 MB, it's a good idea to compress it before uploading!
If you're using one of these supported kinds of audio and getting an error during upload, check:
- That the audio plays properly on your computer, and
- That your browser supports the file type.
Having trouble locating your uploaded audio? Be sure to check your 'Library' section.
Note: It's against Anchor's Terms of Service to upload audio that is copyrighted or belongs to someone else to your podcast.