If you have pre-existing audio (like a podcast, interview, voice memo, etc) or if you prefer to pre-record and edit your audio with advanced software on your computer, you can always upload audio to your podcast instead of recording it directly through the mobile app.
- From the home screen (create screen), tap the '+' sign to access your creation tools, then tap the 'Library' tool
- Tap the 'Import' button at the top of the screen
- Either search or browse for the audio file you're looking to import
- Select the file you're looking to import and the import process will start
You can also share audio files to Anchor from any app on your phone! Directions can vary for each app.
- Login to your Anchor account and go to the episode builder
- You can do this by either editing an existing episode or creating a brand new one
- On the right-hand side underneath where it says 'Save episode' you'll see 'Click to upload or drop audio here'
- Either drag and drop the file there, or click that button to browse for your audio file
- This will add your audio file to your episode, where you can add other audio segments and create your episode!
Supported file types:
- 200 MB
- 1 hour max
If you're using one of these supported kinds of audio and getting an error, check 1) that the audio plays properly on your computer, and 2) that your browser supports the file type.
Having trouble locating your uploaded audio? Be sure to check your 'Library' section.
Note: It's against Anchor's terms of service to upload audio that is copyrighted or belongs to someone else to your podcast.