Record With Friends is an Anchor feature that allows you to record your podcast audio with up to five remote guests. Your guests can use their Anchor app or Anchor on the web to join in on your call. Now with Record With Friends on the web, your guests do not have to create an account or login to join your call.
*Note: The call must be initiated from the Anchor mobile app, however your guests can join the call from their mobile app or from a web browser. If your guest is joining the call from their web browser they can join by simply entering their name – they do not need Anchor app or an account/login.
Additionally, this feature is not compatible with most external microphones when used with the mobile app. For reliability in recording with this feature on your mobile device, we advise you and your guests talk directly into the mobile phone being used during the call.
Starting a call on iOS and Android
- From the main creation screen in the Anchor tap the '+' icon to access your creation tools
- On the record screen, tap the 'Invite friends to join' button in the center of your screen
- On the following screen, tap the purple "Invite friends" button which will open your phone's 'share' card
- Select your preferred method of sharing and invite your guest(s) to the call
Where to find your recorded audio
After finishing a recording, it may take a couple minutes for your audio to fully process, but once it is done it will appear right in your Library!
To find your recording on your Anchor mobile app:
- Log into your Anchor account on your mobile app
- Tap the purple "Tools" button at the bottom of your screen
- Tap the purple "Library" button
- You will be brought to your audio library (Pictured below. Your audio library will always display a purple background.)
More information on finding your finished file can be found through this help article.
Record With Friends Features
- High quality group recording: no matter how many people are on the recording, it'll sound just as good as if you were recording on your own.
- Invite lots of friends: up to 5 people can be on a recording at once!
- Record remotely with anyone in the world: wherever your friends are, they can join your recording in seconds. 2 hour max recording limit!
- Check out this episode of 'I Should Start a Podcast' for some tips on this feature and preparing for interviews.
Tips and advice
- For the best audio quality when using Record With Friends, it’s a good idea to make sure that you and all of your guests are in a quiet space to avoid any additional background noise.
- Enable `Do Not Disturb` to avoid phone calls and notifications from interrupting your recording
- Ensure that each guest has a stable WiFi connection, if possible
- To outline your episode and keep the recording structured, you can use a note taking app!
- Close other apps in use before starting a call for a more reliable recording
- Trouble connecting to a call? Check out our Record With Friends Connectivity help article for more information!
Any further questions?
Reach out to us using the Contact Us form at the top of our Help Center and please include the following:
- The devices used on the call (iOS/Android/web)
- The date and approximate time of the call
- The amount of guests on the call