Check out this episode of 'I Should Start a Podcast' for some tips on this feature and preparing for interviews!
Record With Friends is the easiest way - ever - for multiple people to record audio.
Here's how it works:
- From the main creation screen in the Anchor tap the '+' icon to access your creation tools
- From the 'Record' tool, tap the 'Invite people to join' button and you can invite anyone you know to join
(Note - This feature currently isn't available on the Anchor website, stay tuned!)
Favorited each others podcast in the Anchor app?:
- Just select them from your list of friends on the first screen
- We're currently defining friends as people who have favorited each other on Anchor in the app
- We'll send each of them an invitation to join. You can invite as many people as you want; up to 8 people can record together at once
Have friends who don't have an Anchor account?:
- Skip the first screen by tapping the purple 'Next' button at the bottom to go to the screen where you connect your phones contacts
- Send them an SMS invite from this screen by tapping 'Connect contacts'
- They'll need to download the Anchor app after being invited, but if they follow your invite link we'll take them straight to the recording and they can join without needing to create an account
*Note - They need to join on their smartphone, and need to download the Anchor app. This can't be used on the Anchor website just yet.
Currently, telephone mode is not supported in group recording; the host and guests all hear the conversation and record through either speaker mode or headphones.
After recording, we'll process your audio (this can take a few minutes if it was a long recording; if so, you can tap ‘Notify me when it’s ready’ while it's processing and we'll notify you when it's done).
Once it's ready, you can preview it, publish it straight to your station by tapping ‘Save’, or tap the ‘Back’ button to save it to your drafts for now.
To access the recorded segments:
- From the main recording screen, tap the '+' icon to access your creation tools, then the 'Library' icon
- When it's ready the audio segment should be at the top and be captioned ‘Recording with’....
More information on finding your finished file can be found through this help article.
Record With Friends Features:
- Super high quality group recording: no matter how many people are on the recording, it'll sound just as good as if you were recording on your own.
- Invite lots of friends: up to 8 people can be on a recording at once!
- Record remotely with anyone in the world: wherever your friends are, they can join your recording in seconds. 1 hour max recording limit!
Having trouble? Check out this help article.