- Tap the '+' icon from the create screen to view Anchor's creation tools
- Record your audio by tapping the 'Record' button
- The maximum amount of recording time in the Anchor mobile app is 60 minutes, but you can record multiple segments and add them in your episode builder
After you tap the '+' sign to access your creation tools, click on the red 'record' button. Recording will start immediately. When you're done recording audio, click the red 'x' button to stop recording. From there you can add background music to your recording, trim the recording, or save the recording. You can save directly to a chosen episode, or directly to your library.
**Please note: telephone mode also functions with a proximity sensor. The proximity sensor will trigger recording if you pick up/move your mobile device while on the screen that prompts you to click the red "record" button in order to beginning recording.
Adding flags and editing audio:
During the recording you'll see a button to 'Add flag'. This will help you to remember points in your audio you might want to edit after you record, and even separate or trim out parts you don't wish to keep.
After you stop recording, tap the 'Trim' or 'Edit' button to edit your audio. Your flags will be shown when editing! More information on how to edit your audio can be found here.
Saving your recording:
- Tap ‘Save’
- Choose which episode to add the recording to, by tapping the ‘gear’ icon
- Title the segment (make sure the title is clear so you know what it is when accessing it later)
- Then tap ‘Add recording to episode’
If you wish to revisit the recording at a later time, you can tap ‘Undo’. You then have some options:
- Delete the recording entirely
- Save the recording as a draft if you wish to access it later
You can also record audio from your computer. You can create a new episode, or record new audio at any time in an episode's details page.
- Select 'Record' (and make sure to give your web browser permission to access your computer or external equipment's microphone).
- Click the red 'Start Recording Now' button
- Click 'Stop Recording' when you no longer wish to record your audio
- Your audio will save automatically in your purple library folder
The maximum amount of recording time on the web version of Anchor is 30 minutes, but you can record multiple segments and add them in your episode builder.
You can also upload and import audio to your podcast as well! Check out this help article for more information.