Tap the '+' icon from the home screen (create screen) to get to all of Anchor's creation tools, and record your audio from the Anchor app by tapping the 'Record' button.
After you tap the '+' sign to access your creation tools, you can hold your phone up to your ear like you’re jumping on a phone call and the recording will start immediately! When you’re done recording audio, just move the phone away from your ear.
Saving the recording:
- Tap ‘Save’
- Choose with episode to add the recording to, by tapping the ‘gear’ icon
- Title the segment (make sure the title is clear so you know what it is when accessing it later)
- Then tap ‘Add recording to episode’
If you wish to revisit the recording at a later time, you can tap ‘Undo’. You then have some options:
- Delete the recording entirely
- Save the recording as a draft if you wish to access it later
Remember you can always access and rearrange your segments from saved episodes as well as drafts from your ‘Profile’ tab.
You can also record audio from your computer!
After logging into Anchor.fm you'll want to either create a new episode or edit an existing one to record audio. If you're creating a new episode, go here.
Click on 'Record' and follow the appropriate steps!
Looking to record with your friends? Check out this help article for how that works.
You can also upload and import audio to your podcast as well! Check out this help article for more information.