- Tap the '+' icon from the create screen to view Anchor's creation tools
- Record your audio by tapping the 'Record' button
- The maximum amount of recording time in the Anchor mobile app is 60 minutes, but you can record multiple segments and add them in your episode builder
After you tap the '+' sign to access your creation tools, you can hold your phone up to your ear (as you would when answering a phone call), and recording will start immediately. When you’re done recording audio, just move the phone away from your ear and we'll automatically stop recording for you.
Adding flags and editing audio:
During the recording you'll see a button to 'Add flag'. This will help you to remember points in your audio you might want to edit after you record, and even separate or trim out parts you don't wish to keep.
After you stop recording, tap the 'Trim' or 'Edit' button to edit your audio. Your flags will be shown when editing! More information on how to edit your audio can be found here.
Saving your recording:
- Tap ‘Save’
- Choose with episode to add the recording to, by tapping the ‘gear’ icon
- Title the segment (make sure the title is clear so you know what it is when accessing it later)
- Then tap ‘Add recording to episode’
If you wish to revisit the recording at a later time, you can tap ‘Undo’. You then have some options:
- Delete the recording entirely
- Save the recording as a draft if you wish to access it later
You can also record audio from your computer. You can create a new episode, or record new audio at any time in an episode's details page.
Just select 'Record' (and make sure to give your web browser permission to access your computer or external equipment's microphone). The maximum amount of recording time on the web version of Anchor is 30 minutes, but you can record multiple segments and add them in your episode builder.
You can also upload and import audio to your podcast as well! Check out this help article for more information.