You can update the URL for your podcast (e.g., anchor.fm/maya) to customize it with your own preferred branding. Please note: in order to change your URL you will have to have at least one published episode in your Anchor account.
Here's how to choose a new URL:
- From the Anchor app, go to your 'Profile'
- Tap the '...' in the upper right
- Tap 'Settings'
- Scroll to where it says 'Your custom URL' and edit as needed
- Be sure to tap 'Save' in the upper right corner once you're done making changes
- Go to your 'Settings' page here
- Where it says 'Anchor Profile URL', edit as needed
- You will see if it's available or not as you edit
- Be sure to click 'Save' at the bottom of the page to save those changes
URL Squatting / Impersonating People or Brands
Impersonating someone else on Anchor is against our terms of service, and the same goes for custom URLs. If we receive a report that you're squatting on someone's (proven) brand name or using someone else's name, and determine that you are impersonating them, we have the right to return that URL to its rightful owner and revert your URL to the default.
If someone is using your name or brand name for their custom URL and you'd like to claim it for your own podcast, feel free to get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll be happy to help.