Ready to create an episode for your podcast? You'll be able to create your episode right from the creation screen in the Anchor mobile app, or by clicking 'New episode' on your dashboard at anchor.fm.
Build your episode using the episode builder by recording audio, adding voice messages, adding audio from your library, as well as segment transitions.
*Note - You can always rearrange the segments in your episode, update the episode title, description, and cover art, and even publish/unpublish your episode at any time! For more information on how to edit your episodes check out this article.
- When you're ready, tap the 'Publish' button in the upper right corner of the home screen, or from the episode's detail screen via your profile tab
- Edit the episode title and description
- Choose whether you want to distribute your episode now 'Publish now', or if you also want to schedule your episode to publish at a later date and time 'Change publish date'
- Add optional episode tags (up to 5) to help your episode turn up in search or recommendations on Spotify
- Choose whether you want to post about the episode on Twitter or Facebook (optional) by clicking 'Share this episode'
- Your episode will immediately be available on Anchor, and if distributed to additional platforms will typically be synced everywhere within 24-48 hours.
- After you're done creating your episode, click the purple 'Save Episode' in the upper right corner of your screen
- Edit your episode title and description
- Customize your episode by adding season number, episode number, episode over art (optional). **Note- these details are only visible on Apple Podcasts
- Click 'Publish now' when you're ready!
- If you want to save your episode as a draft to publish at a later date click 'Save as draft' and your draft will be stored in your Episodes tab at the top of your account page
Note that full music tracks from Spotify / Apple Music cannot be distributed outside of Anchor.
If you're looking to delete an episode entirely, check out this help article.