Add background music to your recordings:
Note - This is only available through the Anchor mobile app currently.
- On the home screen via your creation tools, record any audio as needed via the record tool
- On the audio preview screen you will see an option to add background music to your recording
- Swipe through until you find the right fit and tap 'Save' in the bottom left
It's not currently possible to add in your own background tracks. For the time being we recommend using an off-platform program and then uploading that file by checking out the steps in this help article.
Adding music with Apple Music and Spotify Premium:
- This is only available through the Anchor mobile app right now.
- Apple Music is only currently available via an iOS device
- Keep in mind that music added this way to your episodes on Anchor, won't publish on your episodes on external podcast platforms.
How to add:
- From the home screen in the app tap the '+' icon to access your creation tools, go all the way to the right by swiping through the tools at the bottom of the screen, to access the 'Music' icon
- Connect to either Apple Music or Spotify
- Search or scroll through your playlists to find the song you wish to add to your episode
- Tap the 'Play' button to preview a track, or tap + to add the song to an episode
Song clips vs full songs:
A listener will have to be logged into their Spotify Premium account or Apple music account to hear a full song. You can toggle this setting via your Anchor account settings in the app if you would like though.
Scroll down to where it says 'Connect accounts' in the app settings for these settings. More information on updating those settings can be found through this help article.