NOTE: This feature is currently under maintenance and we hope to have it back up and running soon. Thanks for your patience!
If you want to record with a cohost but don’t have someone to talk to (or want to meet someone new), you can use Anchor Cohosts in the Anchor app for iOS or Android to easily find a match. Just choose any topic you want to record a podcast episode about, and we’ll connect you to someone else who’s ready to talk about the same thing right now! It’s really fun, and a whole new way to collaborate on podcasts.
When you get matched up with someone, you’ll be able to see their photo and bio before the two of you are connected. Then, you can record up to 15 minutes with your new cohost; afterwards, you’ll both get the audio file so you each have the option to add it to your own podcasts.
How to find a cohost:
- On the home screen of the Anchor mobile app, tap the 'Record' button
- Tap ‘Find a Cohost’
- Tap a topic you're interested in or tap 'Add your own topic' at the top of the screen
- If someone is available now, we’ll match you right away. Otherwise we’ll notify you as soon as someone is ready to talk about your topic. If you don’t want to wait, you can also share out a link to encourage people in your network to join.
- Once you’re connected, the two of you will have 30 seconds to introduce yourselves and kick things off. Then get to it!
After you’re done recording:
- Both cohosts will receive a copy of the audio file in your 'Library' tool on the home screen, so you can each add the segment to your own podcasts
- You’ll be given a chance to give the other participant a thumbs up or a thumbs down; if you both enjoyed the conversation we’ll automatically help you favorite each other so you can easily record again together in the future
- In the Anchor app, go to your 'Profile' tab and tap the '...' icon in the upper right corner
- Tap 'Settings'
- At the bottom you'll see 'Topic Notifications'
- Tap 'Update' to alter those cohost notifications
Reporting and blocking other users:
We hope this will never happen, but if at any point your cohost match is rude to you (or is breaking the Anchor terms of service in any other way), you’ll be able to easily report them. You will not get matched with this user again in the future, and we’ll take action on their account if necessary to prevent them from doing the same to others.