Invite guests from anywhere in the world to join your podcast recording! Using Record with Friends, you can invite up to 8 guests to join your podcast right from their mobile devices.
Using Record with Friends
- Tap the 'Add friends' icon in the top right of your screen. This will display your device's 'share' card
- Select your preferred method of sharing and invite your guest(s) to the call
- Once your guest or co-host joins the call, the recording will get started
Where to find your recorded audio
After finishing a recording, it may take a couple minutes for your audio to fully process, but once it is done it will appear right in your Library!
Tips and advice
- For the best audio quality when using Record with Friends, it’s a good idea to make sure that you and all of your guests are in a quiet space to avoid any additional background noise.
- Enable `Do Not Disturb` to avoid phone calls and notifications from interrupting your recording
- Ensure that each guest has a stable connection, if possible
- To outline your episode and keep the recording structured, you can use a note taking app!
- Close other apps in use before starting a call for a more reliable recording
Trouble connecting to a call
Ensure you have a stable connection
Be sure you (and your guests!) are connected to reliable Wi-Fi or LTE when using these features to ensure the best quality for your recording.
Receiving a call
If one of your guests invited through your “Anchor friends” list isn't receiving a notification to join the recording, ask them to go to navigate to the 'Profile' tab in the app, go to their 'Activity' and tap the notification there to connect.
Do you have the latest version of Anchor?
Try reinstalling the app from your device to reset any incorrect or false data that could be causing connection issues
Any further questions?
Reach out to us using the Contact Us form at the top of our Help Center and please include the following:
- The devices used on the call (iOS/Android)
- The date and approximate time of the call
- The amount of guests on the call