Your podcast will be automatically distributed to all supported platforms. Please note that it will take each platform a different amount of time to approve your podcast (you may notice some platforms approve your podcast almost instantly, while others may take up to a few weeks).
Make sure you've requested distribution of your podcast
- From your Home screen, scroll down to 'Your episodes'
- Tap the '...' icon
- Select the episode you'd like to view
- Tap the icon
- Switch on 'Publish everywhere' if you'd like Anchor to distribute your podcast to all supported platforms
- Go to 'Your Podcast' tab
- Select 'Distribution'
- This will show the status of your distribution, which could be any of the following options:
- 'Finish podcast setup' if any of your podcast settings are missing
- 'Resubmit' if your podcast was rejected for distribution
- 'You don't have any episodes to distribute yet' if you have not yet made an episode
Check the status of your distribution
If your podcast gets rejected by external platforms, we'll send an email to the email address for your Anchor account letting you know. This help article will walk you through how to edit your general account settings.
Delays on specific platforms
Occasionally, external platforms can have technical issues or large backlogs that can cause delays. Currently, we know the following platforms are approving podcasts more slowly than usual.
This platform tends to take the longest in approving podcasts. You can typically expect a turnaround time of 5 business days.
We will automatically distribute your podcast to Google Podcasts, where your audience can listen in the Google Podcasts app. This link can take a few days to populate in your Anchor profile, and although you may have received the link to your show on Google Podcasts, note that it may take a few days for your show to appear there.
When your show does appear on Google Podcasts, please note that you can only open this link on an Android device.
Already approved on other platforms? Add those platform links to your account!
If you submitted your podcast manually or switched over to Anchor from another host, be sure to add your links to those platforms in your account so everyone can find your podcast, everywhere!
Did you submit your podcast yourself or move from another host, and get approved?
- Be sure to fill in the link in your Anchor settings via the Anchor app or website
- Access your Anchor settings in the app or website and find where external links are listed
- Be sure to click or tap ‘Save’ to save the updated links!
How do I know if my podcast was approved on each platform?:
- Did your podcast get rejected? If so, you should get an email from Anchor letting you know and how you can fix your podcast to then resubmit it to us for approval
- Each time your podcast gets approved on a platform we will send you an email (the email address tied to your Anchor account)
- You can also always check your Anchor web profile for badges with external links