Editing your audio in Anchor is a fast and easy way to remove that false start in your recording, edit out "dead" air, or separate a single audio segment into multiple parts if you'd like to insert some other content in between.
**Please note: Trimming/Splitting your audio is only available on iOS.
When trimming and editing your audio segments, the original audio you recorded will still be kept, and a new segment will be added into your library with your edits.
- Go to your 'Library' and locate the audio you're looking to trim
- Tap the 3-dot menu '...' and select 'Trim start/end points (iOS), or 'Edit audio' (Android)
- If you're looking for a precise point in your audio, zoom in and out into the audio segment by pinching and separating two fingers in the audio edit screen
- Select the start and end of the audio you're looking to create and tap 'Start here' and 'End here' to select the spots of audio you're looking to create as your edited audio segment (or, drag the colored 'Start' and 'End' markers to the desired spots)
- When you've found the right spots, tap on 'Save & trim' to save the audio segment
- This will create a new, edited segment at the top of your audio library
By splitting a piece of audio, you can create multiple segments from your original recording. Splitting is a great way to add in transitions, music, and sponsored segments in between your episode audio.
- Go to your 'Library' and locate the audio you're looking to split
- Tap the 3-dot menu '...' and select 'Edit audio' (iOS and Android)
- If you're looking for a precise point in your audio for the split to take place, zoom in and out into the audio segment by pinching and separating two fingers in the audio edit screen
- Tap anywhere in the audio to add a break point, and tap 'Split'
- You can do this multiple times to add in multiple break points
- For every break point you add, an individual audio segment will be created and added to your audio library
- When you're ready with your break points, split the audio into multiple segments by tapping 'Save & split'
- These segments will be saved with the same segment title but will now be numbered (for example: '1 of 3')