Once you've opted into distribution, it typically takes 5 business days for your podcast to be listed on Google Podcasts. After that, all episodes you publish through Anchor will automatically appear on Google Podcasts in just a few hours.
If it has been more than 5 business days and you’re still not able to access your show on Google Podcasts, here are some important things to know:
- It may take up to one week for new Google Podcasts links to become active once you’ve received the notification from Anchor.
- The link to your show (which you can find in your Anchor Distribution Settings) will only be available to use on Android devices and in web browsers.
- Each listening app has its own timeline for listing shows for the first time. Your show may just need a few more days to publish.
If you’ve waited two weeks or longer
If you still haven’t received a notification for your Google Podcasts listing from us after two weeks, you can check its status and generate a listing link by using Google’s Podcast Publisher here.
Here are the steps:
- Get your RSS feed from your Account Settings.
- Click ‘Generate,’ and your listing link should appear! 🎉
- Add it to your Distribution Settings.
Episode is delayed or not publishing on Google Podcasts
Google Podcasts uses bots to check for show updates, which can cause episode publishing delays anywhere from a few hours to a few days. You can manually trigger an update by using this page from Google.
- Enter the RSS feed into the Publisher Diagnostics field and select the “Get Info” button.
- This pulls the most recent information Google has read from your RSS feed. If the date is earlier than the current date, you can manually trigger a feed refresh.
- Return to the original Google publisher debug page and enter the RSS feed into the Publish field. Then, select the “Publish” button. There will be no response from the submission, but you can confirm if it was successful by following Step 3 again.
If any errors come up, reach out to us here.