If you receive a notification that your podcast was rejected, it means that major platforms have requested you make some changes to your podcast. This may be for a few reasons, but the good news is once you've resolved the issue(s) your podcast will be automatically redistributed! Here are some of the reasons your podcast may be rejected:
- Your podcast is missing an original description or episode title (some platforms prefer that you not use default text of any kind)
- Your podcast indicates through description, podcast name, episode title, or episode description that it is a “test”
- Your podcast or its branding uses explicit or self-censored content
- Your podcast contains third-party copyrighted content (including logos, music, images, or product names)
- Your podcast name is your own full name (note that things like “Sarah’s Podcast” are allowed, but “Sarah Jones” will get rejected on certain platforms)
For more information on content guidelines, here’s a great list from Apple as an example of what platforms generally look for.
You'll be able to make many of these adjustments straight from your Profile Settings.
Let us know if you're not sure how to adjust and resubmit your podcast. We're looking forward to getting your podcast distributed everywhere!