If you receive a notification that your podcast hasn't been distributed, this means it has one or more content violations that will likely cause it to be rejected by Apple Podcasts. We want to help you get your podcast approved everywhere, so we put together a list of best practices for you to review. The good news is once you've resolved the issue(s) your podcast will be automatically redistributed! Here are some of the reasons your podcast may be rejected:
- Your podcast title must not contain special characters or extraneous details about your podcast
- Your podcast must include a unique description
- Your episode title cannot contain episode numbers (including various forms of “Episode 01”, “#1”, “S1 E1”, etc)
- Your podcast cannot imply through description, podcast name, episode title, or episode description that it is a “test”
- Your podcast name, description, or imagery may not use explicit or self-censored content, or excessive profanity
- Your podcast cannot include third-party copyrighted content (like logos, images, or product names)
- Your podcast name cannot be your own full name
For more information on content guidelines, here’s a great list from Apple as an example of what platforms generally look for.
You'll be able to make many of these adjustments straight from your Profile Settings.
When you’re ready, resubmit your podcast through the Distribution tab in the Anchor mobile app, or contact us. We're looking forward to getting your podcast distributed everywhere!