Please note: Monetization is currently only available for U.S.-based podcasters with a US bank account.
The balance in your Anchor Wallet is the combination of money you’ve made from Listener Support and Sponsorships since you last cashed out (“Total earned” tells you how much you’ve made since you activated these features). If you’re using just one or the other, you’ll see only the balance from that source.
- In the case of Listener Support, each supporting listener's donation will be processed monthly
- For Sponsorships, you'll earn money as your podcast gets new ad impressions
- No matter when your money is coming in, you can cash out your Anchor balance at any time. Just click the 'Cash Out' button from your Money page on both web and mobile.
- There is a $0.25 processing fee any time you cash out, so you must have at least $0.26 in your Wallet before you can withdraw your balance.
- If you haven’t yet set up your payment information, you’ll need to do that first. We use Stripe (the leading online payment processing company) to process and protect your money, so your payment information will all go through them
- Additionally, some account details may need to be changed with Stripe's help.
*Note: For security purposes, if you ever leave a balance in your Wallet for more than 90 days, we will automatically cash out the total balance for you. We’ll send an email notifying you if this happens.
Additionally, to protect your safety online, we do not recommend using a proxy creator to set up payments through Stripe. A proxy creator is a friend, family member or acquaintance located in the US whose US bank account is used to receive the funds from your podcast.
When you first start to earn money with Sponsorships or collect Listener Support, initial payments may take up to 7 days to appear in your Wallet. After that brief validation period, all new payments should be available for you to cash out within 1-2 days. As soon as they’re available to cash out, you’ll see them reflected in your total Wallet amount.
Anchor payouts process very quickly, and by default should be available in your bank account within 3 business days.
*Note: Sponsorships payments always have a 7 day pending window to help avoid fraud.
Until new payments are available to cash out, they’ll be reflected in a pending state underneath your current Wallet total:
Two fees are deducted from a Sponsorship payment before it hits your bank account:
- Anchor fee (our only cut of the transaction): 30%
- Payout processing fee (to cover the cost of moving money to your bank account through Stripe, the third-party platform we use to help process secure payments)
- Standard 7 day payout if you’ve never activated Stripe: $.25
How it works:
- You get one sponsor, who offers a $20CPM (cost per thousand impressions), and you get 1,000 total impressions during the course of the campaign.
- $6.00 ([30%*$20.00]) is deducted for the Anchor fee
- $.25 is deducted to cover the cost of processing the transaction
- $13.75 appears in your wallet
- Cash out:
- Usually takes 2-3 business days to receive your money and $.25 is deducted to cover the cost of processing the payout.