Creating or choosing cover art is an important part of making a podcast. Effective cover art can help attract potential listeners by grabbing their attention visually, and can also give someone a good sense of what your podcast is about before they even start to listen.
More information on this feature can be found here.
Choosing podcast artwork in Anchor
After you choose to publish your first episode, you'll be prompted to set up your cover art. This is an important step, since many platforms may reject your podcast for distribution if you haven't added cover art for your podcast.
- Anchor sources thousands of independent pieces of art that are all searchable, so you can find the one that best suits your podcast
- If you've created your own artwork, you can upload that image from your mobile device or computer
- There's also a 'Choose one for me' option. Selecting this will randomize your podcast's cover art
Customizing your Anchor podcast art
- After searching for and selecting the photo you wish to use, you can zoom in and out to choose the area of the photo you'd like to use
- You can choose to apply your podcast title, as well as pick a font, align the text, and choose a text color
- If you'd like, you can give the photo credit to person who took the original photo
*Note - You'll be able to change or edit this cover art in your account settings at any time, and those changes will reflect on external platforms in approximately 24 hours.
Uploading your own artwork
- If you're uploading custom artwork for your podcast, we recommend an image size of 3000x3000 for best resolution
- If you upload your own photo, you won't be able to use the Anchor image customization options, so we recommend making any design choices and edits to your image prior to uploading
- Any image you upload must be your own, or an image you explicitly own the rights to use (anchor.fm/tos)
Including the Anchor Logo on your podcast cover art
- Log into your Anchor account on the web
- Click "Settings" on the top right of your screen
- Click "Update Settings"
- Under your cover art, you'll see "Anchor logo on cover art". You can toggle that switch on (it will appear purple) to include the Anchor logo on your cover art. You can toggle the switch off (it will appear grey) so that the logo does not show on your cover art
- Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
- Refresh the page to view your saved changes