Creating cover art is an important part of any podcast, and you can now create amazing cover art right on Anchor! Cover art attracts potential listeners by grabbing their attention visually to draw them in, and then you can wow them with your podcast episodes!
More information on this update can be found here.
How to set up your podcast artwork:
After you choose to publish your first episode in either the Anchor app or the Anchor website, you'll be prompted to set up your cover art!
You can then:
- Search for a photo you wish to use for your artwork
- Upload an image that you have on your device or computer
- Have an image randomly selected for you
Choosing a photo or choosing one at random:
- After searching for and selecting the photo you wish to use, you can zoom in and out, and choose the part of the photo you wish to use
- Next, choose to apply your podcast title, pick a font, align the text, and choose a color for the text!
- Choose whether to give the photo credit to person who took the photo in your podcast description
- Tap 'Continue' to finalize your artwork!
*Note - You'll be able to alter this cover art in your account settings later on! To do this you'll need to go into your Anchor account settings.
Uploading your own photo:
If you upload your own photo you won't be able to customize it further on Anchor just yet, all editing of the photo you choose to upload needs to be done off of Anchor prior to the upload.
Editing your cover art:
- Open the Anchor app
- Go to your 'Profile'
- Tap '...' in the upper right corner
- Then tap 'Settings'
- Find the cover art in your settings then tap 'Edit cover art'
*Note - After removing the logo on your cover art if you'd like to, be sure to tap 'Save' in the upper right corner!
- Login here
- Go to your 'Settings'
- Click on 'Update cover art'
*Note - If you're removing the Anchor logo in your settings be sure to click 'Save' at the bottom of the page!