We felt like the best way to learn about how to use Anchor Sponsorships is to see it in action. Check out the video below to see how our Production Manager, John, uses the feature!
Step-by-Step Sponsorships Guide:
Recording an Ad
- Select 'Money' from the top of your screen
- Scroll down to view your active Sponsorships
- Tap 'CLICK HERE TO RECORD'
- You'll be brought to a screen where you can review some details for that sponsor, your script, and some recording tips
- Select 'Your Podcast'
- Select 'Money' on the right side of the screen
- Select 'Tap to Record' on the sponsor you want to read for
Once you've selected 'Tap to Record', you can review more details about the Sponsor, see their suggested script, and read some helpful recording tips. Bolded parts of the script are required by the Sponsor, but the rest of it is up to you. You can feel free to improvise and speak in way that feels more natural to you
*Note: If you've recorded your ad outside of Anchor, just select 'Upload an ad' to add the desired file.
We always recommend making your ads feel as natural as possible in your podcast. Everybody wins with good ads: your sponsors will be happy and want to keep paying you, and your listeners won’t feel like they’re hearing a commercial!
Including Ads in Your Episodes
When you have an active ad for a sponsor, we’ll play it in all episodes that have Sponsorships activated
To activate Sponsorships in an episode, just go into the details for each episode and toggle it on. If you'd like to turn Sponsorships on for all episodes, including your back catalog, you'll want to activate 'Show optional Sponsorship segment in all episode' in your Settings.
- Select 'Settings'
- Scroll down
- Under 'Money', toggle On 'Show optional Sponsorship segment in all episodes
- *Remember to tap 'SAVE. at the bottom of your screen
- Select the 3 dots '...' in the top right of your screen
- Select 'Settings'
- Under 'Monetization', toggle On 'Show optional Sponsorship segment in all episodes
- *Remember to tap 'SAVE. at the top right of your screen