Troubleshooting distribution to Apple Podcasts
Once you've submitted your podcast for distribution, it typically takes a few business days for your podcast to start to be approved by external platforms. If you start receiving approval emails for platforms like Spotify and Google Podcasts, but are still waiting for your podcast to be available on iTunes, there are a few steps you can take.
Searching for your podcast in Apple Podcasts
If you're still waiting on an iTunes approval email, it's possible that your podcast has been successfully distributed to Apple Podcasts but the iTunes URL has not yet been returned. As a first step to troubleshoot, we recommend that you:
- Search your Apple Podcasts app or iTunes desktop app for your podcast name
- Look under "Podcasts" (you may have to click "See All")
- If you find your podcast, select it from the search results
- Click the dropdown menu '...' next to "Subscribe"
- Tap 'Share' on your iPone and select 'Copy Link'
- Your iTunes URL will look something like this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/derry-connection-a-stephen-king-podcast/id1289679642?mt=2
Insert your podcast iTunes URL into your Anchor profile
*Note: This can currently only be done on the web version of Anchor:
- Select 'Settings' from the top of your screen
- Scroll down to 'Where your podcast can be heard'
- Tap 'click here'
- For 'Apple Podcasts', just insert your iTunes URL
- Remember to click 'Save'
Still not seeing your podcast in Apple Podcasts?
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for your podcast to be distributed to Apple Podcasts, as distribution times may vary
- If you're still having trouble, please let us know so we can help you out!