If you'd like to submit your podcast to external platforms manually, or if you'd like to link your podcast to platforms like Spotify and Apple Podcasts, you will be required to display your email address in your RSS feed. Updating this setting takes approximately 10 minutes to reflect in your feed.
*Note: RSS feeds are always public, so please note that if you do make this change, the email address in your feed will be public as well. Additionally, it may take up to 24 hours for external platforms to recognize the update to your email address.
Displaying email address in your RSS feed
- Click 'Settings' in the top right of your Dashboard, and select 'Distribution'
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings, you can toggle on or off 'Display personal email address publicly in RSS feed'
- Remember to scroll back up and click 'Save' to update this change to your RSS feed
- After approximately 10 minutes, you can check your RSS feed to confirm this change
When to use this feature
- Some platforms require an email address field before your podcast can be approved on their platform. So, if you are manually distributing your podcast to those platforms, you'll want to make sure you personal email address is in the RSS feed before submitting. Following the steps above will add your email address to your feed and allow you to submit to those platforms
- Spotify and Apple Podcasts need to verify that you own your feed if you're attempting to access your podcast analytics on those platforms