Below is a step-by-step guide to making a trailer with your Anchor app and getting it heard everywhere. If you have questions about trailers in general, check out our FAQ article here.
For additional information on Anchor Trailers, check out this article.
(Note: Creating and publishing a trailer is currently only available on the mobile version of Anchor.)
Creating an account
- Download the Anchor app from the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android). You can also log in with an existing account, or create a new account using Facebook (on iOS), Google (on Android), or your email address
Creating a trailer
Once you've logged into your Anchor app
- Click on "Your Podcast" at the bottom right of your screen
- Click "New (+)"
- Select "Trailer" to record your trailer
- Tap the red "Record" button to begin recording your 60 second trailer by speaking into your microphone. You can also hold your phone up to you ear and recording will begin automatically.
**If you need a little inspiration, click on "Hear an example" at the top of your screen to get a sense of what your trailer can sound like!
- Select a background music for your trailer (or publish it without music)! You can always come back and update this later. Be sure to save your selection!
- Publish your trailer by clicking "Publish trailer". You can also choose to publish later by selecting "No, I'll do this later".
- If you select to publish your trailer now, you will need to choose where your trailer will appear in your feed. "Use today's date" will make your trailer the newest episode in your feed. If you choose "Make trailer the oldest episode" it will be placed at the very end of your feed, making it the first episode ever published to your feed.
- Once you select where your trailer should appear in your feed you'll be taken back to your 'My Podcast' screen. Your trailer will appear above your episodes.
- Your trailer has now been published! Congratulations! You can always make edits to it if needed, or you can share your trailer by clicking "Share link". This will allow you to share you trailers directly through social media apps like Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- Once you publish your trailer, we'll create a transcribed video and send it to your email so you can continue spreading the word about your podcast!
- Be sure to check your email for the video. From your phone, click the link provided in the email and you will be redirected back to your Anchor app to share it.
- Tap play to preview your transcribed video. You can also tap into the transcription to edit it. Here you can edit single words, insert any words that may be missing, or remove extra words. When you're finished editing your video tap "Done" at the top of your screen.
- Once your video generates, you'll have the option to choose the video size. Then you can download and share it anywhere!
- Just click "Finish"!