A show level trailer is a 60 second piece of audio you can create to attract new listeners and grow your show’s audience. Recording a trailer increases the discoverability of your podcast and gives you the opportunity to gain new listeners by giving them an exciting preview of what your show is all about. Our recent trailer launch is specific for show level trailers. Need some help creating a show level trailer? We've got you covered right here!
When you create an Anchor Trailer it's important to note that it can only be placed at either the very end of your RSS feed (it would come before episode one of your feed) or as the most recently published content in your feed at that moment in time. Once you publish more content, your trailer will no longer be the most recent content in your feed. There is currently no way to adjust where in the feed your show level trailer will appear.
If you want to manually place a trailer in your feed, you would need to create an episode level trailer.
An episode level trailer is a good way to introduce an upcoming episode in your podcast. It is currently possible to create an episode level trailer directly from Anchor on the web or on your mobile app.
More information on how to create an episode level trailer can be found below.
Create an episode level trailer on the web:
- Log into your Anchor account on the web
- Click "New Episode" on the top right corner of your screen
- Click into the purple "Library" folder
- Find the audio you would like to make your trailer with and drag it into your episode builder on the right hand side of your screen
- Click "Save Episode"
- Fill in your episode level trailer details. Here you can adjust the "Publish date" of your trailer to choose where in your RSS Feed this trailer will appear or to schedule for your trailer to publish at the date and time of your choosing
- Scroll down to "Customize this Episode" and be sure to choose "Trailer" under episode type. This will denote this audio as a trailer in external platforms
- Click "Publish Now" to publish your episode in real time!
Create an episode level trailer on your Anchor app:
- Log into your Anchor app
- Click "Tools (+)" at the bottom of your screen
- Click the purple "Library" folder at the bottom of your screen
- Click the (+) on the audio segment you wish to use as your trailer
- Click the gear icon in the pop up screen that appears and then select "New Episode" at the top of the next screen. From here click "Add recording to episode"
- On the next screen, click the "Publish" button on the top right of your screen
- Fill in your trailer details. Click on the bold lettering next to Episode type to change from Full episode to trailer. Select "Trailer Episode"
- From here you can either "Publish now" or change your publish date to past date or a future date by selecting "Change publish date". If you select a date in the future be sure to select the button for the future schedule date.
- You'll be able to add optional episode tags on the following screen or select "Skip" if you wish to skip this step.
If you have any additional questions regarding show level trailers or episode level trailers feel free to send us an email using the Contact Us form.