If you're looking to change your podcast host from Anchor to another host, do not delete your Anchor account until you have redirected to your new host.
You will need to initiate a 301 redirect to your new host first. Why? It's important to use a redirect when switching to a new platform because it allows you to keep your listeners subscribed to the same show. Think of a redirect like putting a sign on the door of a restaurant that’s moved to a new building, letting visitors know they've moved. You're telling your listeners, and more specifically the platforms that your podcast is on, that your podcast has changed locations.
You can process this all easily and directly from your Anchor account on the web by following the instructions below:
- Log into your Anchor account on the web
- Click 'Settings' in the top right of your screen
- Click 'Update settings'
- Scroll down to the 'Leaving Anchor' section, locate the 'Redirect your podcast' section
- Insert your new host's RSS feed into the box provided for Redirect URL
- Double-check that you've entered your preferred URL
- Note: normally, a host's RSS feed will look something like https://www.newhost.com/podcastname/rss
- Click 'Redirect', and confirm you'd like to redirect your podcast
We recommend giving it about a week for this to fully take effect across all platforms you're distributed to. If you'd like to delete your Anchor account, we'd strongly recommend not doing so until after that week period has taken place, as we want to make sure you retain your listeners when switching.
Have any questions before switching away from Anchor? Contact us with any questions you may have.