If you’d like to manually distribute to Spotify yourself, or if you already have, you’ll need to add your Spotify listing in your Anchor account. It is a quick and easy process! Adding your Spotify show link to your Anchor account makes it easy to share your podcast and get it heard by even more listeners. The instructions below will guide you through the process.
To upload your podcast to Spotify for Podcasters:
1. Make sure your RSS feed is valid for upload
You will need to have at least one published episode in your RSS feed and your personal email displayed in your RSS feed in order to upload your podcast to Spotify.
To display your personal email:
- Log in to your Anchor account on the web
- Click 'Distribution' in the dropdown menu on the top right hand side of the page
- Scroll down to 'Advanced Settings' and toggle the button that says 'Display personal email address publicly in RSS feed'. The button should appear purple when toggled on
- Scroll back to the top of the page and hit 'Save'
Note: it will take about 10 minutes for your RSS feed to refresh and display your personal email address. We recommend allowing for that time to pass before proceeding to submit your RSS feed to Spotify
2. Submit your RSS feed to Spotify for Podcasters
- Head to podcasters.spotify.com and click the blue 'Get Started' button
- Log in using your Spotify account credentials
- Once logged in click on the three vertical dots at the top left of your screen and then click 'Add or claim your podcast'
- On the next screen click the green 'Get Started' button
- In the space provided, insert your RSS feed and click 'Continue'
- Once your RSS feed is verified, the next screen will show the email address displayed in your RSS feed. You will need to have an 8 digit verification code sent to this email. Click "Send Code"
- Check your email account for an email from Spotify and copy the code you see in that email
- Paste the code into the space shown for Verification code. Note: the code expires in an hour and will have to be resent if more than an hour has passed.
- Once your podcast has been verified, move onto the next screen to provide some final information about your podcast
- Provide the information asked about your podcast and submit
- Congrats! Spotify has received your podcast.
Note: It may take a few hours for your podcast to become available on Spotify.
- Add your Spotify show link to your Anchor account/profile
- Copy your Spotify show link by clicking the button with the three dots under your podcast name on Spotify
- Scroll over 'Share' and click on 'Copy Show Link'
- Once copied, head to your Anchor account on the web and click 'Settings' and then click 'Distribution' at the top right of your screen
- Scroll down to 'Manual Distribution" and paste your show link in the space provided for Spotify
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click 'Save'
Your Spotify listing will now appear on your Anchor public page and will be easy for your listeners to access.