Please note: Music + Talk is currently only available in the US (including Puerto Rico), Canada, Ireland, U.K., Australia, and New Zealand.
To ensure that your episode gets published on Spotify, please be mindful of the following guidelines:
1. Follow Anchor's community guidelines and Spotify’s Content Policies. Your Music + Talk episode should have a substantial amount of talk, and show metadata (episode titles, episode description, show description and cover art) should not contain content that violates our community guidelines or content policies. These include, but are not limited to content that:
- Violates local laws or regulations
- Infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- Contains visually sensitive imagery or pornographic content
- Promotes hatred, harasses or puts individuals in harm's way
- Incites violence against an individual or groups of individuals
2. Make sure that you have permission to use the content in your episode. Music used in episodes must be licensed appropriately. Episodes containing music that is not added through Anchor’s music tool may result in your show being taken down.
3. All ad segments should follow our monetization guidelines. Follow the guidance during onboarding, and review your episode to ensure that the rules have been followed. This means that:
- There must be at least 60 seconds of ad-free talk content on either side of the ad
- There must be at least 10 minutes of ad-free talk content between ads (irrespective of how much music separates the ads), and no talk ads are permitted in episodes that have less than 10 minutes of ad-free talk.
- Baked-in ads should be marked as ad segments in your episodes.
4. Impersonation of an entity, artist, label or creator is not allowed. Please use artwork and content that you have permission to use, and that make sure that you’re not misrepresenting your affiliation with an organization or individual. You can do this by indicating that you are not affiliated with an entity by adding words such as “parody” , “fan account”, and “commentary” to your metadata.
5. Content that crosses the line from critique or the expression of an opinion into targeted bullying or disparagement will not be tolerated. Please review Anchor's community guidelines and Spotify’s Content Policies to ensure that the content that you’re creating does not seek to attack an individual or group in a way that may be harmful to our platform and community.