With Anchor's new Wordpress integration you can now bring your voice to your writing. By bringing your words to life you can take you ideas further and grow your audience with audio.
To learn more on how to integrate your Wordpress blog with Anchor, read on below.
Note: If you already have an Anchor account, you'll need to create a new account using the flow below in order to use the Wordpress Integration.
- On your Wordpress homepage, you will see the "Grow your audience with audio" prompt. Click the get started button.
As a second option, you can also get started from the publication modal of your Wordpress site.
- On the right hand side of your screen, you'll see a "create audio version" button. You can also get started through that button.
- Once you've clicked either of the entry points, you'll be directed to the Anchor + Wordpress splash page.
- Click "Get Started" to create your Anchor account.
- Input your name, the email address you would like to associate your Anchor account to, and create your password, then click "Sign up".
Connect your blog
After creating your Anchor account, you will be taken to your episodes page in your Anchor account. Here, you can connect your blog.
Connecting your blog will convert your Wordpress posts to audio. If you would like to build your own podcast concept, feel free to skip this step.
- If you've clicked the "Connect blog" button, you will authenticate your Wordpress account on the following screens
Importing your posts
- After authenticating your blog, your posts will be imported into your Anchor account.
- After importing, all blog posts will show up as draft episodes. You can select "Create episode" to start converting your posts into audio.
- You have the option of turning your posts to audio by:
- converting text to audio
- recording a reading of the script in your own voice
- going off script and using your post as a guide
Creating your episode
- After you've chosen to convert text to audio or to record your episode, you will be taken to the episode creation page
- Here you can choose to edit your recorded audio/text-to-speech with additional segments, background music, interludes, etc, or proceed directly to publishing
- Once you're ready to publish, click "Save episode" to edit your episode details. Your podcast episode title will be autofilled based on the blog post title, but you are able to edit your title and your description
- Click "Publish" once you're ready to publish your episode
Finish setting up your podcast and get it heard
- You will then be prompted to finish setting up your podcast
- You'll follow the standard set up workflow, including opting into or out of automatic distribution by Anchor.
- Finally, you can add a Spotify link to your blog post so your readers can have the option of listening to your posts