Anchor shows based in the U.S. will have the ability to place their content behind a subscription to be accessed by listeners. If you would like to subscribe to a show, the instructions below will guide you through this process. You can subscribe from Anchor web. The instructions below outline how to subscribe from mobile web.
Please note: This is only available to U.S. consumers. We hope to expand soon!
Subscribing to a show
When viewing an Anchor show's public profile on Anchor mobile web, click on the Subscribe button at the top of the page or on any of the episodes with a lock icon to subscribe.
- You'll receive the following prompt that will allow you to subscribe to the show
- Enter your name, email, and credit card information, and then click the purple "Subscribe" button
- On the next screen, you can opt in to receiving emails directly from the creator of the podcast, if you choose - please note that if you choose this option, we will share your email address with that creator. If you want to opt out from those emails in future, you will need to reach out to that creator to manage your email preferences.
- Your subscription will be confirmed on the following screen. From here, you'll want to activate your subscription. You will have two options to do so:
- Activate your subscription directly from Spotify by clicking the black "Activate on Spotify" button
- Copy and paste your private RSS link into your preferred podcast listening app. (This private RSS link is unique to your subscription so don’t share it with anyone!)
- More information on private RSS links is included at the end of this article. Scroll down to learn more!
- Choosing to activate on Spotify will direct you to log into Spotify. You can log in using your preferred method
- Once you've logged into Spotify, the app will open on your screen granting you access to your subscribed show!
Learn more about your private RSS link
Your private RSS link is personally generated for your individual show subscription. It will look something like this:
You will be able to access your private RSS link from your subscription confirmation email upon subscribing to a show.
For more information on how to use your private RSS link in our supported listening apps check out this help article.
*Please note, your private RSS link will only work in listening apps that Anchor directly distributes to. If you listen to your podcasts through an app that we currently do not support, we recommend listening to your subscription through Spotify as an alternative.