US subscribers only
Note: Non-US consumers can't subscribe to shows yet, but will be able to shortly. The price of your subscription will be adjusted to the currency of their location.
- Introduction: These Podcast Subscription Rules are between you and Spotify and incorporate the Anchor Terms of Service (together, the “Terms”). By publishing subscriber-only content on Anchor (“Subscriber-Only Content”), you agree to be bound by the Terms. To the extent there is any irreconcilable conflict between the Anchor Terms of Service and these Podcast Subscription Rules, these Podcast Subscription Rules shall prevail. For the purposes of the Anchor Terms of Service, “Monetized Content” includes Subscriber-Only Content.
- Subscription access: Spotify will make available your Subscriber-Only Content to users (“Subscribers”) who choose to pay the monthly subscription price you select from the options provided by Spotify (“Subscription Price”). Once you have selected the Subscription Price, it will apply to all Subscriber-Only Content associated with your Account.
- Purchase: Each Subscriber will purchase directly from you a subscription for the Subscriber-Only Content on Anchor (“Podcast Paid Subscription”). The Subscription Price, excluding applicable fees and Indirect Taxes (as described in Sections 5 and 8 below), will be paid directly to your account with the Payment Service Provider (defined below). Spotify does not take part in the flow of funds in the transfer of any Subscription Price from the Subscribers to you.
- Account with the Payment Service Provider: In order to provide Subscriber-Only Content and receive the Subscription Price (excluding any fees and applicable Indirect Taxes), you may be required to open an account with such third party payment service provider(s) as may be notified to you by Spotify from time to time (“Payment Service Provider”). You will have a direct contractual relationship with the Payment Service Provider, who will provide services as principal (and not by or on behalf of Spotify) directly to you.
- Fees: The Subscription Price will be subject to transactional fees, including from the Payment Service Provider, as indicated to the Creator, as well as any applicable Indirect Taxes due. Such fees shall apply to the Subscription Price before the deduction of any Withholding Taxes (as described below in Section 8). The applicable fees are subject to change after. You hereby authorize Spotify, on your behalf, to direct the Payment Service Provider to deduct the applicable fees and Indirect Taxes from the Subscription Price that the Payment Service Provider receives from Subscribers, and instead for such fees to be transferred by Spotify to the Payment Service Provider, and, if relevant, for Spotify to charge and account for, collect and remit, or, as applicable, direct the transfer to, the relevant tax authorities any applicable Indirect Taxes due. Following such deduction, the remaining amount (earnings) is available in your Anchor Wallet.
- Anchor Wallet: The earnings from the Podcast Subscription feature will appear in your Anchor Wallet on a regular basis following successful subscriber transactions. You may cash out your Anchor Wallet at any time provided there is a minimum of US$10 in your Anchor Wallet. Without limiting anything in the Anchor Terms of Service, if Spotify reasonably suspects any fraudulent activity in connection with your Account or Subscriber-Only Content, or believes you are abusing the Podcast Paid Subscription feature in any way, or believes you are being misleading in your communication with Subscribers with respect to the Subscriber-Only Content, Spotify may, in its sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your Account(s) and/or access to the Podcast Paid Subscription feature, including your access to your earnings in the Anchor Wallet. Spotify reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, refund subscription fees paid by Subscribers to your Account, in which case you shall reimburse Spotify for such refund payments. To the extent that you fail to reimburse such payments to Spotify, you hereby authorize Spotify, on your behalf, to direct the Payment Service Provider to deduct the amount of such refunds from subsequent payments made by Subscribers to your Subscriber-Only Content, and instead for such amount to be transferred to Spotify.
- Acknowledgements: You acknowledge that:
- Spotify may make changes to the features and functionality of the Podcast Subscriptions product by providing you with prior notice;
- Spotify does not guarantee, and is not responsible for, achieving any revenue as a result of participating in Podcast Subscriptions program or using the Podcast Subscriptions feature;
- Spotify does not guarantee your continued access to the Podcast Subscriptions feature or any equivalent feature or functionality;
- Spotify may end your participation in the Podcast Subscriptions program and access to the Podcast Subscriptions feature at any time without prior notice if it reasonably believes that you are misusing the Podcast Subscriptions feature in violation of the Terms;
- You may end your participation in the Podcast Subscriptions program at any time by reaching out to your creator partner manager directly.
- All payment processing and fund transfer services are provided to you by the Payment Service Provider. You may need to agree to the Payment Service Provider’s terms, which are presented to you and which shall form a separate legal agreement between you and the Payment Service Provider as principals. Any obligations relating to the provision of payment processing and fund transfer services are owed to you by the Payment Service Provider, not Spotify. You expressly acknowledge and agree that: (a) we are not an agent of the Payment Service Provider and we do not provide or offer payment services on behalf of a Payment Service Provider, or otherwise; (b) we are not, nor should anything in these Terms be construed to imply that we are acting in any way under a mandate conferred by the Payments Service Provider; (c) we are not an escrow service, money aggregator, money remitter or money transmitter; (d) the Payment Service Provider is not our agent; and (e) we will communicate to the Payment Service Provider all necessary information that is required to provide the services under these Terms.
- Tax: You represent and warrant that your tax information entered during the creation of your account with the Payment Service Provider is correct and accurate. This information will be used to file any tax reporting where legally required. You may be responsible for income tax or subject to withholding taxes which may be due as a result of payments received and for filing any returns or reports to applicable tax authorities. The Subscription Price is subject to the deduction of any taxes, duties, charges or assessments that Spotify is obliged to withhold, deduct or collect by any tax authority (“Withholding Taxes”). We may also block or hold payments for violations of our policies or for compliance reasons, including collecting tax reporting information. Unless stated otherwise, the fees that you must pay under these Terms are exclusive of VAT, GST, HST, sales taxes or other similar taxes, duties, charges or assessments (“Indirect Taxes”). Indirect Taxes shall be added on top of fees as per local legislation. Further, each party shall be solely responsible for collection and remittance to the relevant tax authorities of all Indirect Taxes it is legally obliged to collect and remit, as further described in Section 5 above.
- Applicable laws: You shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using the Podcast Paid Subscriptions feature. Without limiting the above, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with your use of any Subscriber data provided to you by Spotify and in relation to any communications between you and your subscribers, including by honoring any opt-outs from Subscribers. You acknowledge that you act as a data controller (as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/67) with respect to such Subscriber data.
- Severability: Unless as otherwise stated, should any provision of these Podcast Subscription Terms be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of the Terms, and the application of that provision shall be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
- Waiver: Any failure by Spotify or any third party beneficiary to enforce these Terms or any provision thereof shall not waive Spotify's or the applicable third party beneficiary's right to do so.
- Interpretation: As used in these Terms, the words "include" and "including," and variations thereof, will be deemed to be followed by the words "without limitation." Any capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning given to such terms in the Anchor Terms of Service.