Wondering what an RSS feed is, and whether you should choose to generate one on Anchor? Here's what you need to know!
What is an RSS feed?
- An RSS feed is a publicly available standard for podcasting, it’s not an Anchor specific thing. It’s basically a URL that contains all your podcast info
- You need an RSS feed if you'd like to submit your podcast for distribution on platforms outside of Spotify (like Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, etc)
Before you generate an RSS feed, here's what you need to know...
- It is a requirement in order to distribute your podcast everywhere (except on Spotify).
- Your email will be publicly available in the RSS feed (this is needed for podcasting platforms to verify accounts) and therefore anyone with your RSS feed will have access to your email address.
- After you generate your RSS feed, you'll be submitting your podcast manually to other platforms. Anchor will not distribute your podcast on your behalf.
- Other platforms may scrape your RSS feed without your knowledge to aggregate content. This means your podcast is subject to be listed on any and all podcast aggregators.
- Note: Anchor cannot help you get your podcast removed from any platforms that scrape your podcast. Even after your podcast is deleted, the listing may stay active on aggregators directories