Before you Start...
- Video episodes are only available to creators in the US, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Mexico, and Brazil. If you're located outside of our supported markets and interested in using the video podcasts feature, visit our Video Podcasts page here.
- You can only upload one video segment to make a video episode. You can't mix and match video and audio to create an episode.
- We are currently accepting .MOV and .MP4 files and recommend a 16x9 aspect ratio.
How to Upload a Video Episode on Anchor
- To upload a video episode, you will need to click the "New Episode" button on Anchor to find a new option now there:
- Click "Quick upload", which will launch a file picker for you to select your preferred file.
- We accept .MOV or .MP4 video files.
- Note: you cannot upload video using the "Create an episode" option.
- Once a file is selected, you'll be taken to the "Episode options" screen.
- The file will need to go through uploading first, and then finish processing. This can take some time, depending on how long the video file is that you've chosen.
- In the meantime, you will need to add a title and description, and fill in any other metadata you may want!
- Once processing is complete, you can publish your new episode right away, save it as a draft, or schedule a publishing date in the future.
- Note: scheduling an episode will also start transcoding.
- Once you do publish, your episode will begin transcoding on Spotify (a term that just means your video is processing within Spotify).
- You will receive a notification in Anchor to let you know the process has started, and then another notification once your episode is fully transcoded.
- That's it! Once it's fully transcoded, you're live on Spotify!
If you have any questions or need help getting your video uploaded, reach out to our support team.