Note: Video uploading is only available to certain creators. If you're interested in using the video podcasts feature, visit our Video Podcasts page here.
You may want to edit your existing episodes in Anchor to be video episodes instead. We offer the ability to go back to any existing episode, and swap out the audio file(s) for a video file instead. Here's how to do it!
- Find your preferred episode from your "Episodes" list on Anchor web.
- Click the "Edit" button next to your episode title:
- You will reach the "Episode options" page.
- Scroll down to "Episode content" where you will find your existing audio packaged into one file
- You will have the option to edit this existing audio if you wish by clicking "Edit audio", which will take you to the Episode Builder.
- Click "Replace", which will remove the existing file.
- You will have the option drag and drop, or browse for your new video file you wish to upload,
- As with all video episodes, your file will need to go through uploading and processing before being ready to publish. This can take some time, depending on how long the video file is that you've chosen.
- When you're done, click "Update episode" at the top of your screen.
- Your episode will begin transcoding on Spotify (a term that just means your video is processing within Spotify).
- You will receive an email to the email address connected to your Anchor account to let you know the process has started, and then another email once your episode is fully transcoded.
- That's it! Once it's fully transcoded, you're live on Spotify.
You will need to complete this process for any other episodes you may want to update to be video.
Supported file types and limits
We are currently accepting .MOV and .MP4 files and recommend a 16x9 aspect ratio.
If you have any questions or need help getting your video uploaded, reach out to our support team.