For Automated ads, monthly earnings are automatically paid out through Spotify Payouts once you hit our minimum payout threshold. Spotify Payouts uses PayPal’s Hyperwallet service as a payment provider. Anchor uses Spotify Payouts to handle payments for Automated Ads and Stripe to handle payments for other monetization products.
In order to earn with Spotify Payouts, creators will need to link their Spotify account (anyone can create a free Spotify account) to Anchor, as well as complete Spotify Payouts onboarding steps. You'll have the option to set up your account as an individual or as a business.
Set Up Spotify Payouts
- From your Money page, click the Set up Spotify Payouts button
- You'll be prompted to connect your Spotify account. Please note: a Spotify account is required to monetize with Spotify Payouts
- Use any of the options shown to connect your account. If you currently do not have a Spotify account you can also create a free account directly from this page.
- Once your Spotify account is connected, you'll be brought to the following screen confirming your account connection and allowing you to continue with the setup process
- Click Continue
- Set up Spotify Payouts by clicking Go To Payouts
- On the general Payouts page click Get Started
- You'll want to set up as either an individual or business depending on how you plan on filing taxes
- Note: you'll need your Tax Identification Number in order to enable Payouts. Click here for more info
- You'll need to provide your full name, home address, SSN, and bank account info in order to complete set up
- Click Get Started to provide your information
- Once you've filled out all your information, confirm your answers, and click Save and complete
- Congrats! You're all set up. Click Go back to Anchor to return to your Anchor account
- You'll receive a prompt confirming your Spotify Payout is now active