Anchor accounts and Spotify accounts can be connected for several reasons. Having a Spotify account connected to your Anchor account allows you to access playlists from your Spotify account in the Music tool, and allows you to view your Podcast Subscriptions-enabled podcast as a subscriber.
However, you may need to unlink a Spotify account in certain situations from your Anchor account (for example, if you’ve connected an incorrect account). Follow the steps below to do this from Anchor.
- Log into your Anchor account and click Update Settings.
- Scroll down to the Connections section, and locate the Spotify account attached.
- Click Change.
- Note: If you’re enabled for Spotify Payouts and unlink your Spotify account, Automated Ads will be disabled. To receive your remaining earnings from that account, your balance must be $10 or more. After you unlink that Spotify account, you’ll be able to link a different Spotify account and set up Spotify Payouts again.
- Click Unlink Account.
- This will take you to a Spotify link (https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/).
- Locate Anchor in the apps, and then click Remove Access.
- That’s it! You’ve unlinked this specific Spotify account from your Anchor account.
- Note: This may take some time to take effect. Clear your browser cache if you aren’t seeing an update.